July 10, 2011

Sunday, Funday

I woke up with no agenda this morning so I shlumped around the kitchen fumbling with coffee and waffles. Naturally, I was thrilled when I got an invite to go to the Philadelphia Art Museum with my lovely cousin & her fiance. So I put on this precious Forever 21 floral dress and super adorable minty-green belt (that I found at the thrift store for a dollar...seriously!) 

Somehow I always forget that the city feels about a hundred degrees hotter than home.

It was a lovely day of strolling through ancient paintings and artifacts. I decided that my favorite artist (this week) is Paul Cezanne, particularly his later work that transitioned into the 19th century. My favorite: Mount Sainte Victoire. It's amazing when it's in front of you and you can appreciate every little brush stroke. I strongly encourage everyone to visit it!

After the museum we ate at a cute little bar/restaurant. I had a heaping plate of chicken nachos that really bogged me down for the rest of the day. I've been so inspired all day I'm going to paint tonight! Happy Sunday!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fabulous day! You have gorgeous hair by the way;)
    Aesthetic Lounge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It took me many years to grow into it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always forget how hot it is outside too and once I leave my house I'm back to reality. I should really visit more museums because they sound very interesting. :)

    Btw, I'm hosting a jewelry giveaway on my blog and I would love it if you entered! http://www.fashionaddictgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look lovely and great blog!xx

    http://www.theprovocativecouture.com/

    ReplyDelete