July 13, 2011

Homemade Granola!

I have a tasty treat to share with you all! My very favorite homemade granola recipe :D I originally found it in a Martha Stewart magazine and made a few alterations of my own. It's so simple to make! 


Here's what you'll need:


3/4 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Dash of salt
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
3 cups old-fashioned oats
2 cups chopped pecans (or walnuts)
1 1/2 cups flaked coconut 


Here's what you do:


1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees. Whisk together syrup, sugar, oil, salt, and cinnamon. Add oats, pecans and coconut. Toss well so all the dry ingredients are coated. 


2. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread the granola recipe evenly. Bake, stirring every twenty minutes, 45 minutes total. The granola will be golden brown. Let it cool completely and store in an airtight container. Ta da!


I like to divide mine into glass jars and give them to my friends and family (who are always requesting more!) It's great to snack on by the handful, pour milk over in the morning, or add to yogurt. Enjoy!


In other news, I'm working three days this week (hence the lack of updating) and perhaps another two or three days next week and I'm done! I have an interview on Friday, wish me luck! 

1 comment:

  1. YUMMYYYYYYY!



    I have a Zalando.co.uk giveaway on my blog! Check it out HERE

    xxx

    Elina

    ReplyDelete